Thirst- Part 1.
Summary of Sermon Spoken on 17th March 2013 by Pastor Donald Parnell, Dayton, Ohio. U.S.A.
This is a glorious day for us of the Third Testament! The Lamb stepped forth 50 years ago, Jubilee, on March 18, 1963, with the Book on His hand and gave it to a Redeemed Lamb, William Branham to feed us our Word-body and redeem us into a Spoken Word-body of flesh. The Lamb changed forms ... to a Lion and took the Throne as the Son of David, and a Prophet was standing there to reveal it to us.
I had blood work and physical ... done some time back. I saw the doctor today for a check-up and report. The doctor was surprised and amazed. Everything tested perfect. I wanted to give God the thanks and glory for a perfect 59 year-old body. Told the doc, "I'm ready for the field again". A person should drink in ounces of water, half their pound weight. In other Words if your weight is 150 pounds then you should drink 75 ounces of water. The body weight divided by two and that number should be drank in ounces each day. Almost every disease starts out from a shortage of water in the body. Every internal failure in the body is from water shortage. Water is the life-giving source of the human body. Apply that to the spiritual and we can understand why God keeps us in living-water continually.
There is a book, "Your Body's Many Cries For Water", by author Doctor F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. Everyone should read it. It is amazing and very spiritual for a believer when you apply it to the body and soul. [Sister mae: I cough a lot sometimes and I was told it's because I don't drink enough water...] That is true, Sister Mae. If there is no reason founded, then it is 99% sure to be water shortage in the body.
'God Hiding Himself In Simplicity And Revealing Himself In The Same', one morning, and that evening it was, 'The Breach Between The Seven Church Ages And The Seven Seals': March 17, 1963.
PSALM 42:1 to 3: As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?This deer (hart) is on the move, panting, thirsting, to taste of the living God. We are moving forward.
MATTHEW 5:6: Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Hunger and thirst after the living God.
The Seals opened up the entrance into the Third Testament and we came through that doorway on the run ever since. Remember we came from a water womb, and we came into a water body and a water world. Our body in the mother's womb is almost all water. The moment your body starts thirsting, you are already seriously lacking the needed water to keep diseases and other issues away from your body. The water of the Word is the same way. If you want to be 'healed of all thine diseases' drink the water of the Word and kill all other life forms.
March 17, 1963 - William Branham opened the entrance into the Third Testament - The Coming of Jesus Christ as the Son of David.
Message: 'God Hiding Himself in Simplicity, Then Revealing Himself in the Same'.
The Dedication of the Most Holy - Solomon's Temple - took Place that morning as he called for us to enter into this Holy Place with humbleness and simplicity.
Hid in the Second Coming, revealing Himself in the Third Coming: both in simplicity ... a thief in the night - Second Coming, a king reigning - Third Coming.
Exactly 50 years - March 17, 2013 - In humbleness and simplicity the call is made for us to enter God's Power to Transform - THIRST. The call now comes - "Step Up Higher" - leave the ministration of the Second Testament,
"THIRST" for the greater Testament as all others are shadows now.
We are thirsting and that tells us there is more water to be poured out upon us and we need to "drink". You can't drink out of a mirage in a desert - that is what the Second Testament is now.
The Person of Jesus Christ is come - in the flesh - leading in "THIS" Third Testament, Third Exodus, Third Day, Third Sonship, Third Pull, Third Heaven, Third Coming. He hid Himself as a thief through the Second Testament and He reveals Himself as a King reigning in the Third Testament.
JUDGES 15:16 - 17: And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men. And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi. - "Higher Thinking"Notice, after the victory, Samson didn't stop, he began to preach to the 1000 Philistines that were left alive after he slaughtered them. He was shouting the victory in victory day! Samson didn't complain about his weapons - he used them and defeated superior weapons. Yes, Samson manifested the anointing, then preached the anointing then drank from the anointing to revive himself.
15:17: And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi. - "Higher Thinking"We have moved into a higher level of thinking. Leave the carnal mind and move up into the mind of Christ. Revelation 4, come up hither, Revelation 11, raptured up higher into the Cloud.
15:18: And he was sore athirst, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?Ask what you will and it shall be given unto you!
15:19: But God clave an hollow place that was in the jaw, and there came water thereout; and when he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived: wherefore he called the name thereof Enhakkore, which is in Lehi unto this day. - "Spring of One Calling"A spring of one calling - we are drinking from the spring of the Lord as we are the ones called into this Third Testament.
Albert Einstein: "The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
"A new truth is not presented in such a way as to convince its opponents. Rather, they die off, and a rising generation is familiarized with the truth from the start."Look at our youth and what a blessing it is to them to be in this Third Testament from the beginning. The woman at the well is how the water is offered to an individual.
JOHN 4:10 to 15: Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.You thirst when you are at a growing point to go higher. Jesus opened up that well in her! It is a well of water springing up into everlasting life. Everlasting life, the Revelation of Jesus Christ in your life. Sir, give me this water. Go get your husband, she was ashamed and tried to hide, He revealed her secrets, He broke her veils, her cisterns. Jesus said, "I'm the one that speaks unto you, I am the Messiah you are looking for". I can say the same thing today!
PSALM 63:1: O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; Look at how quickly her past didn't matter at all. Now watch Jesus talk to a group.
JOHN 7:37 - 38: In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.Look at that master. He walked right into the biggest part of the feast and called for them all to come to him for water. He that believeth on "me", "me" "today". Jesus was the living Bible making Scripture. We are the living Bible making Scripture in the Third Testament today. Everything that Jesus said about Himself, you can say about yourself.
Look at Pastor Wesley; his congregation is his family. What if he had said, "I don't want to talk to them."
THIRST; Tucson, Arizona. Sunday, 19th September, 1965.
15. We realize that judgment is striking. Great faults are falling in, and the nation is shaking, and earthquakes in divers places. Great historical things that we've heard of in the days past, of judgment, through the Bible, and we see it repeating again today. The prophecy saying, "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the coming of the Son of man. As it was in the days of Lot, so shall it be in the coming of the Son of man," ... The globe is under the hand of a living God in judgment.
... and we see it happening now. "Man's hearts failing; perplexity of time; distress between nations." God, we know we're at the end time.
21. I think, David, in the writing of this Psalm, must have been in distress. And it usually takes distress to bring the best out of a man. It, really, that's when God... gets down to when we fast, many times, to get ourself in position to get ourself out of the way. And I think, when David got in these places, then he begin to meditate on the Lord, begin to think about the things.Distress brings the best out of believers. The pressure cooker would break down that meat and make it eatable and soft. We are in a pressure cooker now and the heat is on. The three Hebrew children had everything burnt off of them. Look at what fasting is for: to get yourself out of the way.
25. Then I was looking and thinking about that Word "thirst," so I looked up in the dictionary, to see what it means. And here is what Webster says, "It's a painful desire," a painful, when you want something so bad until it becomes painful to you.Jesus went 40 days and then He hungered.
26. Now, it's--it's not an unnatural thing, to thirst. Thirst is a--a natural thing. It's just simply something that God has given us, that we could, to give us a--a desire for something. Sometimes God has, also, has given you a--a control tower, something that sets inside of you, that--that controls these different desires. And this thirst, this control tower that sets in a man's heart, is something that God give him to--to warn him of the desires that's needful for him.Thirsting is and "alarm clock". An alarm clock that something is coming that you haven't had to drink yet. New water is coming.
27. Now there is two different kinds of thirst. There is a thirst, physically. And there is a thirst, also, spiritually. I would like to read this, what David said, again. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God:...
27. Now there is two different kinds of thirst. There is a thirst, physically. And there is a thirst, also, spiritually. I would like to read this, what David said, again. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God: ...
There is a control tower in the body, that tells you the need that's needed in your body, and it's brought to you by thirst. Also, there is a control tower in your soul, that tells you the spiritual things that you have need of, something in your spirit, and, and you by this can tell what kind of a life is controlling you.When you are walking in the new birth these two control towers can walk together.
30. When you can see what your desires are, then you can tell, by that, what kind of something that's in you, that's creating this desire that you have. See, there is a certain thing that you thirst for, and it--and it can tell you in your soul what this desire is, by the nature of the thirst that you have. I hope that you can understand that.The Word-man pulls the control tower of the carnal mind through its filter and cleans it up.
31. There is a--a control tower of the soul, and one for the body, and each tower is a warning caller for the needs of the other. Each one calls to the need for what the caller is calling for, it sends out a wave of warning.Look at that. When you have the New Birth the control towers work together!!!
32. For instance, the flesh thirst to satisfy the desires that's in the body, and the spirit desires for the things that's in the soul, desire is, and many times these war one against the other. We find there, what's a great trouble today, that too many people try to live between those two desires. For, one of them desires the things of the earth, the other desires the things of Heaven.The carnal mind will thirst and crave for things you don't need. The Word-man through the New Birth will filter out that desire and kill it. Listen close to this. There is a lust veil in you that you have to conquer. Then there are demons that the Lord has to deliver you from. It will work. You do all that you can do to break the lust veil and get rid of all your lustful cravings and then God will deliver you from the remaining issues of demons.
33. Like Paul said, describes it in Romans 7:21, "When I would do good, then evil is nigh." When you try, did you ever have that in experience, Christians? That when you're trying to do something that's worth-while, go to make an effort to do something that's good, then you find out that there is the Devil, on every hand, just to upset you, everything that you'd... And that's one good thing, that. I'd like to say this, that the Christians might know. That when you are--when you are starting to do something, and there is something always trying to upset you in doing it, do it anyhow. That's the Devil there, trying to keep you from doing what's right.The carnal mind - questioning everything. I did that going to Haiti. Everything was against me, including the Government and I purchased the ticket anyway and went. Some of the greatest meetings I've ever held.
'LOOKING AT THE UNSEEN'; 4th October, 1959.
E-7. When God made man, He made him thus; for He made this little certain compartment in the man for His own throne, His control tower. God wants to lead man, but man wants to lead himself. Therefore there is a war constantly. The man wants to go after what he sees with his eyes.
E-24. Every borned again child tonight comes through Abraham's blessing. For it's the promises given to Abraham. ...It's heaven. And we confess that we're peculiar people, strangers, because we're looking for something that we do not see. But something on the control tower says it's there. Every redemptive blessing between here and there, God promised to give it to us.Even when you can't see it, the radar in you says, "it's real and it's there". '
REVELATION, Chapter 4, 'REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST' Book, 585-643. Jeffersonville, Indiana. 1st January, 1961.
'COUNTDOWN'; Bakersfield, California. 9th February, 1964.
... but, THUS SAITH THE LORD, and it happens. It's always under control. He's got a control tower, that's the Holy Ghost. And the Word is His--His program, and he lays right into that program. And the power of the Holy Ghost endows him to move out, and it brings the achievement that God wants to be achieved for His people, that it might fulfill what He promised.
'POWER OF TRANSFORMATION'; Prescott, Arizona. 31st October, 1965.
Let the Word-man flood the realms with 'water' until out of your belly (the flesh-man) will come Living Water. H2o is the greatest force in the natural earth. The Holy Ghost is the greatest force in the spiritual earth. When the Lord filled my flesh body (earth) with His glory, then I saw all the earth filled with His Glory.